"$771"

"$771". My heart sank as the American Airlines representative told me this is the lowest fare available. "$771 per person to fly roundtrip to Haiti November 20th-26th". $771 is simply unfathomable when I sit here under a leaking roof, staring out at cars needing major repairs, an unpaid mortgage among other bills, school tuitions, monthly care fees for the girls, and then there is the thousands we still need to raise for the end of the adoption process and travel at that time. $771 is unthinkable right now. $771 is impossible right now. How can we even dream of going to Haiti as a family for Thanksgiving?

Yet $771 is also the amount it would take to hold my girls once again, to feel them melt into my arms and let out that deep sigh that says...I'm home. I'm safe. I'm secure even for a few days. I'm chosen. I'm much loved. $771 is the amount it would take for little boys to meet the sisters they have prayed for every day and night for the past 8 months, for pictures to come to life, for silly faces to be made in person instead of a computer screen. $771 to see the smiling faces of 120 orphans, to hear their precious cries to a God they know loves them despite what this world has dealt them, to hold them, wipe their tears, feed them, just be with them again. When I hear my girls ask, "When you come? Please you come?"$771 is more than worth it.

1 comment:

  1. We're praying for you guys with money and for miracles!! We're walking this road with you all :-) This morning the first thing I think about is, what do I need to do for the adoption and Esther? Every morning is this way... I get down on my knees and beg God for miracles!

    ReplyDelete

You are part of our story...we love to hear from you!